Sayit – H&M Life, 2014
Pop star Robyn and techno duo Röyksopp share a love for shoes ans melancholy.
Röyksopp & Robyn’s first collaboration was a bittersweet song about how difficult it is to date a machine. The Girl and the Robot became the big hit from Röyksopp’s 2009 album Junior. One year later they worked together on the minimalistic club bangerNone of Dem on Robyn’s album Body Talk Pt. 1. Now the techno wunderkinds from Tromsø have joined forces with the pop icon from Stockholm once more. The mini album Do it Again is full of goosebump-inducing hooks and mind expanding synthetic sounds.
The Swedo-Norwegian super group also share an interest in fashion. The outfits worn by Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland (top hats, feather masks, furry monster heads with fluorescent eyes) have been as quirky as their songs. And Robyn’s bomber jackets, neon sparkling hoodies and platform sneakers have helped shape the street fashion of the 2010’s.
The Sayit video is directed by the Swedish design team Sandberg & Timonen and makes its exclusive premiere on H&M Life. It’s set in a cold industrial environment amongst car wrecks, barbed wire and angry dogs. Röyksopp’s faces are covered by hoods. Robyn wears a spooky dress.
Director : Sandberg & Timonen, Kacper Kasprzyk
Screenplay : na
Photographie Director : na
Art Director : Marika Akerblom
Music : Sayit – Röyksopp & Robyn’s joint Do It Again album
Stylist : Ellen Af Geijerstam
Makeup : Ignacio Alonso
Hair : Darren Phillips
Model : Röyksopp, Robyn
- Röyksopp & Robyn – Sayit (thepinksnout.wordpress.com)
- [Video] Röyksopp & Robyn’s ‘Sayit’ (electronicrumors.com)
- Robyn and Royksopp premiere video for “Say It” (loft965.com)
- Robyn and Röyksopp Share Video for “Sayit” (pitchfork.com)
- Röyksopp & Robyn Glitch Out With “Sayit” (awesome-robo.com)
- New Video: Robyn & Röyksopp (tenderlentil.wordpress.com)
- Do It Again – Robyn & Röyksopp (album review) (ladyiandj.wordpress.com)
- Röyksopp and Robyn launch new video for SayIt (theguardian.com)
- Album Review: Röyksopp & Robyn – ‘Do It Again’ (pop-break.com)
- Röyskopp and Robyn: ‘We decided, let’s not be afraid of being pretentious’ (theguardian.com)