Antony Price, born 1945
Closely swathing the figure, the silk taffeta of this dramatically structured garment is formed into large, irregular gathers diagonally positioned across the front. These culminate in an asymmetrical bodice, with an extraordinary, gravity defying shoulder extension. Designer Antony Price called this his ‘Bird’s Wing’ dress; the rigid folds of fabric with their feathered and serrated edge evoke associations of flight and movement. It was designed for his 1986 Winter collection.
The simple, white taffeta, with its glossy, reflective sheen offsets the complex structure of the garment. The designer’s choice of a stiff fabric allows the raised folds to retain their shape and make the dress virtually self-supporting. The folds are held in place by large, self-covered buttons which secure the dress at the side, and also provide an important visual motif. In contrast the back is quite plain, a simple bodice with a single shoulder strap and a straight, skirt fitted with darts into the waist seam.
- Martin Margiela S/S97 Dress Form Top Wannabe (overflowingstash.wordpress.com)
- Three Decorative Styles of Bodices and Hems for Flower Girl Dresses (wallao.com)
- #ThrowbackFashion Evening dress in chiné-printed and embroidered silk taffeta and lace, and machine-lace sleeve, designed by Christian Lacroix @Maison_Lacroix, Paris 1996 (duccnguyen.wordpress.com)
- Yoke Top (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Fashion Week: Most beautiful, bizarre looks (edition.cnn.com)
- Have It Your Way Dress (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Butterick 5917 – The Un-Preppy Version (goodbyevalentino.com)
- sewn: (belated) wedding guest dress (aviewintomyworld.wordpress.com)
- Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein crown NY Fashion Week (news.yahoo.com)
- #ThrowbackFashion Organdie strapless dress ‘Seashell’ with a flared asymmetrical skirt, designed by John @GallianOfficial, Great Britain, 1988 (duccnguyen.wordpress.com)
- New York Fashion Week: Delpozo – Spring|Summer 2015 (fashionclassandjetlag.com)
- Delpozo RTW Spring 2014 (thefashionistyle.com)
- Zimmermann Spring 2015 Ready-to-Wear (mariannamichaellondon.wordpress.com)
- Delpozo AW 2014 (thepacktoronto.wordpress.com)
- Roses Are Red, Violets Are Delpozo – Spring/Summer 2015 by Styles – Ideas (stylesideas.wordpress.com)
- Delpozo SS 2014. Volume & Simplicity. (portraitsofelegance.net)
- nyc. (aweebitskint.com)
- Pilot Pen Dress Steals Nicholas K Show; Rebecca Minkoff Collection Flows to Beat of Modern Woman (manhattan.ny1.com)
- Trendy Tuesday: Chic capes (fashionofgoodwill.org)
- Zimmermann Resort 2015 (leileiclavey.com)
Emprise : Louis Vuitton presents the Emprise Jewellery and Watch Collection
Louis Vuitton explores Parisian origins in the House’s new collection of watches and jewellery with its new film Emprise.
Date: ca. 1900
Medium: silk, metallic threads and paillettes
Dimensions: Length at CB (a): 19 in. (48.3 cm) Length at CF (b): 40 in. (101.6 cm) Length at CB (c): 145 in. (368.3 cm)
Here are 5 Design Projects that inspire me in 2013. You can see other projects on my Pinterest or on my #GoodToKnow
My previous Top 5 posts on #Advertising, #FashionCover, #FashionPortFolio, #VsFashion, #MontrealParty, #FashionCollection, #Polyvore, #ArtProject, #ArchitectureProject, #FashionVideo
By @NguyenTHT (la version française suit)
Choire Sicha, blogger at The Awl, made a huge finding during her visit to the Hermès boutique on Madison Avenue in New York. This has created such a stir in the international fashion community that all media have talked about since the beginning of the spring / summer 2013 collection. Well, all this is about a t-shirt. However, this famous t-shirt is made of crocodile skin for $ 90,000US!
Choire Sicha, une blogueuse de « The Awl », a fait toute une découverte lors de sa visite à la boutique d’Hermès sur Madison Avenue, à New York. Eh oui, cela a créé un si grand émoi dans la communauté de mode internationale que tous les médias en parlent depuis le début de la saison printemps/été 2013. Voilà, nous parlons tout simplement d’un t-shirt. Attention, ce fameux t-shirt en peau de crocodile se vend à 90 000 $ US!