Cameron Diaz by Camilla Akrans for Harper’s Bazaar US August 2014
Kim Kardashian by Jean-Paul Goude for Paper Magazine Winter 2014
Lupita Nyong’o by Sharif Hamza for Dazed & Confused February 2014
Julia Bergshoeff by Jasper Abels for Prestage No. 8, 2014
Andrew Westermann by Pierre Debusschere for EXHIBITION Magazine The Silk Issue 2014
- ‘You’re Someone’s Mother’: Naya Rivera Criticizes Kim Kardashian’s Decision To Pose Nude On ‘Paper’ Cover (radaronline.com)
- Kim Kardashian bares her full derriere… while balancing a glass of champagne on her most famous asset (dailymail.co.uk)
- Benji Madden gifts $25k opal to Cameron Diaz (firstpost.com)
- So, Was That Kim Kardashian Cover Photoshopped? (nymag.com)
- Watch: Cameron Diaz and the Women of SNL Go Home for Thanksgiving (news.instyle.com)
- Cameron Diaz Performs ‘Little Girls’ in New ‘Annie’ Clip – Watch Here! (justjared.com)
- Trolling Kardashian by making her the butt of all jokes (see memes) (en.protothema.gr)
- Kim Kardashian bares her full derriere… while balancing a glass of champagne on her most famous asset (forevervogue.com)
- Kim Kardashian’s Vagina Is Naked Now (thesuperficial.com)
- Kim Kardashian Doesn’t Need to Be Naked to Show Off Her Curves (onenewspage.us)
Error Issue, 2014
Tricky surrealism of Paweł Fabjański photography is an inside joke for a neat show biz. Fabjański uncovers digital know-how, reveals what should be hidden and emphases the puzzling ERROR. Like an illusionist he creates a world of his own without rules of gravity and in contrary to standard expectations. ERROR breaks the scheme and creates the true magic of digital photography.
photo/concept: Paweł Fabjański | www.fabjanski.com
styling/concept: Anna Sikorska
hair/makeup: Kentaro Kondo
model: Klaudia / Wonder Models
model: Mateusz Sawicki / AMQ models
photographer’s assistant: Bartłomiej Sołtysiak, Filip Zwierzchowski
retouch: RunRun | www.runrun.pl
Campus Netzwerk – Germany, 2014
Robert Maier, Stefan Hanninger
Parametric design is a way of generating ideas using mathematical algorithms based on a set of rules and parameters. This can reduce the amount of work for repetitive, mundane tasks that must be performed on a large scale or in massive quantities. For this reason, the process has been applied to art installations, pedestrian bridges, and skyscrapers. Following suit, Format Elf Architekten has used the method to generate a pavilion for ‘Campus Netzwerk’, an interdisciplinary office space for formstelle, kantine and netzwerk in toging, germany. The collective hopes to provide evidence of a successful structure transformation from heavy industry towards the use by architects, engineers, and designers. via designboom.com
Chair 3/4, 2014
This angular steel chair by Georgian designer Sandro Lominashvili has a seat with four corners, but only three are attached to the frame.
Chair 3/4 has square-sectioned steel tubes that have been welded together to leave one corner disjointed from the backrest. The seat floats above an angled leg that gives the appearance it has been wrenched away from the frame. via dezeen.com
After twenty years of its “Art of Fashion” campaigns, fashion retailer Neman Marcus has released imagery for the fall-winter 2014 season. London-based photographer Nadav Kander took over the reigns this season for a series of surreal images putting models in boxes and trippy situations all while wearing looks from designer labels like Tom Ford, Oscar de La Renta and Valentino. ModelsSuvi Koponen, Heather Marks, Tian Yi, Lais Ribiero, Soo Joo Park, Mirte Maas, Bruna Tenório, Alana Zimmer, Vlada Roslyakova and Irina Kravchenko take center stage for the images. via fashiongonerogue.com
+++ FASHION COVER
+++ FASHION FILM
Dreamers – Love Magazine 2014
Director : Santiago & Mauricio Sierra
Photographie Director : Matthew Schroeder
Music : Underwaters
Stylist : Tony Irvine
Makeup : Ralph Siciliano
Hair : Tomi Kono
Model : Natalie Westling, Abiah Hostvedt, Pauline Hoarau, Gabriel Marques, Chris Davis
Lucy & The Limbs, 2014
Canadian director Edlyn Capulong directed an animation film entitled “Lucy & The Limbs” in which we follow a little girl living in the pines who does an unexpected encounter while she was feeling boring. This film was produced by Sheridan College for a fourth year’s work.
+++ MUSIC VIDEO
The latest music video Metronomy for their song “Month of Sundays” from their new album “Love Letters”. Produced by GOOD EGG and directed by Callum Cooper, the clip shows a travelling camera making us giddy and crossing concrete buildings and green spaces, from the air.
Producer – Joshua Smith
Line Producer – Rupert Savage
Camera Assistants – Chris Vickers and Charles Vallance
Grade – Lewis Crossfield
Grade Producer- Arianna Maniscalco at ETC electrictheatre.tv
Sculptural Fabrication: TOR Fabrication, London
Thanks to – Matt Moult and Jack Hunter
Executive Producers – Juila Reed and John Hassay
Production Company – GOOD EGG goodegghq.com
To promote the new BISSELL Symphony, the first All-In-One Vacuum and Steam Mop, Ravi Delchand, BISSELL’s senior brand manager, set out to create the ultimate product demonstrationvideo and stand behind their claim to kill 99.9% of germs and bacteria.
Agency: KBS+, Toronto
Production: KBS+ Toronto
- Layerscapes (hovercraftdoggy.com)
- These Surreal Photo Collages Are Actually Ingenious Time-Lapse Portraits (wired.com)
- Portfolio: Michel Lamoller’s space and time-bending tautochronos project (dpreview.com)
- This Surreal Photo Series Is Unlike Any Other (brit.co)
- Photographer’s Unique Layered Prints Show People Melting Into Landscapes (petapixel.com)
- Lamole di Lamole Chianti Classico Riserva 2006 Wine Review (NW) (winecask.blogspot.com)
- A New Way to Visualize Earth (research.microsoft.com)
- These Trippy Cross-Section Portraits Were Made Without Photoshop (gizmodo.com)
- World Wine Watch (lcbo Vintages Tip Sheet) for June 23, 2012 (gothicepicures.blogspot.com)
- Olympiad Soldier Editorials – This Pawel Fabjanski Series is Inspired by History (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
Materials and Techniques: Gelatin-silver print
Richard Avedon has transformed fashion photography and portraiture alike, creating an instantly identifiable aesthetic which has influenced countless others. His ‘signature’ large format studio portraits of politicians, writers and artists render the sitters “symbolic of themselves”, as he put it. His use of stark white backgrounds and life-size printing places viewers in a new relationship to the photographic image – a physical and almost confrontational one. His ability to create visual tension and surprise through unexpected contrasts is unparalleled.
Martin Munkacsi. The Pudle Jumper 1934
- Celebrating Martin Munkacsi (fansinaflashbulb.wordpress.com)
- Vacation photo inspiration: The works of Martin Munkácsi (surroundedfashionblog.wordpress.com)
- Amazing Fashion Photography by Martin Munkacsi from between 1930s and 1940s (vintag.es)
- Richard Avedon: A Beacon of Brilliance (and Hope!) (rcarterphoto.wordpress.com)
- From the Collection – The Rivals (Little Kittens) by Mihály Munkácsy (mam.org)
- Beautiful Photos of Marilyn Monroe Photographed by Richard Avedon, 1957 (vintag.es)
- Richard Avedon Photography (monet360.net)
- Happy Birthday Richard Avedon (waldina.com)
- Richard Avedon – THE inspiration (evazgytephoto.wordpress.com)
- Hepburn’s granddaughter a fashion muse (dailytelegraph.com.au)
By @NguyenTHT (la version française suit)
”I have nothing to wear…and I don’t have a dime to spend…” – standing in front of the wardrobe feeling discouraged.
Does this sound familiar to you? Although our closet is filled with clothes, we constantly feel the need for new ones. However, we do not always have money to spend. One possible solution is a clothes swapping. Indeed, this is the oldest mean of exchange of human history. Therefore, this will allow us to satisfy our thirst for novelty.
« Je n’ai jamais rien à me mettre sur le dos… et je n’ai pas un sou à dépenser… » se dit-on debout devant la garde-robe avec un air découragé.
N’est-ce pas une situation familière pour la plupart d’entre nous? Malgré que notre placard soit rempli à craquer, nous avons constamment l’impression d’avoir besoin de nouveaux vêtements. Cependant, le dilemme s’impose quand notre portefeuille ne nous le permet pas… Comme solution, il y a le troc! Oui, oui, c’est le mode d’échange le plus ancien de notre civilisation qui nous permet de satisfaire notre soif de nouveauté.
Les designers Helmer, Denis Gagnon, Marie Saint Pierre, Renata Morales prennent la rue d’assaut, une présentation du Groupe Sensation Mode dans le cadre de la fête de Montréal au Quartier des spectacles
Montréal, le design au quotidien, voici une excellente thématique pour la 34e édition du concours photo Montréal à l’œil. Encore une fois, le Centre d’histoire de Montréal, en collaboration avec le Bureau du design de la Ville de Montréal, Tourisme Montréal et PhotoService invitent les photographes et les amateurs de design à relever la créativité de Montréal (Ville UNESCO de design).